Level: Bachelor Semester-Fall Year: 2016
Programme: BHM Full Marks: 100
Course: Room Division Management I Pass Marks: 45
Candidates are required to give their answers in their own words as far as practicable.
The figures in the margin indicate full marks.
Very Short Answer Question
Attempt all the questions. 10*2
- Define the term hotel.
- Draw the Layout of Twin Room.
- Which are the supporting departments of hotel? Explain briefly.
- Explain the VIP Handling Procedure in hotel.
- Why do we call front office as ‘Nerve center’ of the hotel?
- Enlist the Different section of front office department.
- Rules of foreign currency exchange for in-house guest.
- State the different types of guest room.
- What are the various mode of reservation?
- What are the different sources of Front office communication?
Descriptive Answer Questions. 6*10
- Explain various types of guest room rates that available in hotel.
- What are the different bases for classification of hotel?
- What do you understand by guest cycle? Explain in details.
- What are the procedures that you will follow while receiving and checking in VIP guest?
- Why is front office communication necessary in hotel? Explain.
- Describe the interdepartmental relationship in between.
- Front office and Housekeeping Department
- Front office and Food and Beverage department
- Front office and Sales and Marketing Department
- Front office and Human Resource Department
- What are the other operating departments of hotel? Explain.
Case Analysis 20
- Read the case situation given below and answer the questions that follow.
The Weather was bad in Pokhara on that day. The city was hit by storm the previous night and the road conditions were unsafe. The room reservation department at hotel lakeside found that there would be very low occupancy on that day. Two groups of 100 members each have cancelled their bookings. Due to bad weather conditions, it is expected that most o the expected arrivals will be no-shows. Mr. Ayer arrives at front desk without any prior reser4vation. The front desk assistant recognizes him as a frequent guest.
- What is the term “No-show” means?
- Being a front staff, how would react Mr. Ayer?
- Discuss Weather the front desk assistant should upgrade Mr. Ayer. Why or why not?
- What could be done during the low occupancy?