Level: Bachelor Semester-Fall Year: 2015
Programme: BHM Full Marks: 100
Course: Room Division Management I (New) Pass Marks: 45
Candidates are required to give their answers in their own words as far as practicable.
The figures in the margin indicate full marks.
Very Short Answer Question
Attempt all the questions. 10*2
- What are the unique advantages of Independent hotel?
- Draw Layout of Twin Room.
- Define VIP handling process in front office?
- Enlist the different section of front office department.
- Rules of Foreign Exchange in front office cash.
- Elucidate the hotel vision and mission statement.
- Describe the procedure of express check in?
- List out the Qualities of From Office personnel.
- Explain the process of language handling.
- Writ full from of : i) AP B.FOC ii) OOO B.HAN
Descriptive Answer Question
Attempt any six questions. 6*10
- What is hotel and the various departments of hotel? Why is interdepartmental coordination necessary in hotel?
- Explain the types of Hotel on the basis of Location.
- Briefly explain the growth and development of Hotel industry till date?
- Interdepartmental coordination and effective communication is needed for the smooth operation of any organization. Justify the statement.
- What do you understand by guest cycle? Explain in details.
- Explain the Aspects of Non Verbal Communication Draw the organization chart of front office and Explain the duties and responsibilities of FOM.
- Briefly explain the systematic process of Check-in and Check out in front office department.
Comprehensive answer Questions 20
- Read the case situation given below and answer the questions that follow.
A corporate client arrives at the Hotel Ritz Carlton for check in without any prior notice. She has a VIP status as she is a regular guest of that hotel. She is told that the hotel is fully booked and her regular business suit is not available. The customer service lady explains the situation to the guest and at the same time also realizes that they can’t lose her business. For her convenience, the customer service lady offers a regular room with the promise of shifting her to her regular suite the next morning. Considering the service quality the corporate client agrees to check in.
When she arrives in the room she finds the room very clean with a nice view but when she enters the washroom, she finds it very dirty, with a malfunctioning faucet. Also, a pungent smell enveloped the atmosphere making it a very unpleasant experience. She immediately calls the customer service lady and complains asking her to make for an immediate check out.
The corporate client defends her decision by stating that she is a regular and important client of the hotel, and expects the same suite always even during her unplanned travels. She further sustained her disappointment by stating that she was very cooperative by accepting a regular room yet the hotel failed to estimate her standard. She makes a final statement by saying that she is taking her business elsewhere, never to return.
In this situation
- What would be your action plan to restore customer delight?
- What are the important modes of communications, you will use to make that customer feel important?
- Is there any permanent solution to such situations that you would want to recommend?