Download Question Paper Photo file
Level: Bachelor Semester-Fall Year: 2015
Programme: BHM Full Marks: 100
Course: Food Hygiene Nutrition Pass Marks: 45
Candidates are required to give their answers in their own words as far as practicable.
The figures in the margin indicate full marks.
Very Short Answer Questions
Attempt all the questions. 10*2
- Differentiate between cleaning and sanitization.
- State the general functions of water in human body.
- Briefly introduce Recommended Dietary Allowance (RDA).
- Define the term “food spoilage” with suitable examples.
- What is meant by dietary fibres?
- Define the term “food-borne risk”. What are the functions of a critical control point (CCP) in a food processing chain?
- Write a short note on cholesterol.
- State the major methods of garbage disposal.
- Introduce the two common methods of pasteurization.
- How can food be preserved by increasing their acidity?
Descriptive Answer Questions
Attempt any six questions. 6*10
- Briefly explain the principles of HACCP.
- Define “contamination of foods”. Explain the primary sources of food contamination.
- Explain the role of water activity (aw) of foods and temperature of environment on growth of various microbes.
- Classify carbohydrate giving suitable examples of their food sources.
- Write a short note on basic component of protein. What are the functions of protein in human body?
- Explain the major features of bacteria and molds.
- Give a short account on methods of dish washing.
Case Analysis 20
- A truck carrying cartons of eggs, pouches of fats/oils and baskets of fruits and vegetables took 3 days for complete repairing after it had severe engine failure due to bumpy roads of a landslide-hit highway. The foods, stored temporarily in a bamboo cottage until repairing completed, were found to have bruises, discoloration, off-odor and insect excreta at the point of delivery. Discuss the likely causes of such food spoilage.