Level: Bachelor Semester – Fall/Ist Year: 2015
Programme: BHM Full Marks: 100
Course: Food Production and patisserie I Pass marks: 45
Candidates are required to give their answer in their own words as far
The figures in the margin indicate full marks.
Very Short Answer Questions
Attempt all the questions
- Define fusion cuisine with examples.
- Define roux and illustrate its types.
- Define shift system in hotel.
- Define knives and write the four types of knives used in culinary kitchen.
- Define In packet (EN Papilotte) cooking.
- Explain the quality of stocks.
- Example the qualities of soups.
- Define and enlist the four herbs with uses.
- What is the use of Bain Marie in a commercial kitchen?
- Define roasting with its types.
Attempt any six questions
- Classify the kitchen equipment and explain with five example of each.
- Draw an organization chart of modern kitchen brigade, show the staffing.
- Explain the good qualities of good sauce. Write down the recipe and preparation method of Espagnole sauce.
- Draw the structure of an egg with its part and write down the uses of egg in the production department.
- How do you define accompaniments and garnishes? Explain with examples of each.
- What are the dry heat methods of cooking? Explain with example dishes.
- Classify the vegetables; explain with three example of each.
- Read the following case and answer the question below.
A French group of 10 guests visited the multi-cuisine restaurant and placed the order mushroom soup roast chicken and black forest cake which were mentioned in the menu. After waiting to house the foods are served but not in proper way. Soup was prepared with curry spices roast chicken was prepared by deep frying and cake could not serve. Guest have complained about the quality of food and left without setting the bill.
- What may the problem seem by guest as well as restaurant manager? Explain.
- What are the solutions please suggest.
- If you are the Executive Chef of this restaurant, how could you manage the kitchen department? Discuss.