Level: Bachelor Semester –Spring Year: 2014
Programme: BHM/BBA/BBA-BI/BBA-TT/BCIS/BHCM Full Marks: 100
Course: Principles of Management Pass marks: 45
Candidates are required to give their answers in their own words as far as practicable.
The figures in the margin indicate full marks.
Very Short Answer Questions
Attempt all the questions. 10*2
- Mention any four principles of management.
- State any three types of power.
- What are the motivating factors according to Herzberg?
- State any four causes of resistance to change.
- State the types of communication.
- List any three traits of a leader that are different than non-leader.
- List out the differences between work group and work team.
- What is virtual organization?
- List any four characteristics of attractive listener.
- What is the difference between deficiency and effectiveness?
Descriptive Answer Questions
Attempt any six questions. 6*10
- Discuss briefly the major school of thought in management. Why have Taylor’s views of management had a lasting impact?
- Define organizational design. What are the emerging concepts in organization design? Discuss.
- Define business environment. Explain the emerging business environment in Nepal.
- What is strategic? Explain the steps in the strategic planning process.
- Define TQM. What are its major tools and techniques? Discuss.
- If you are facing problem of conflict between management and employees in an organization, what kind of conflict management strategy would you apply to solve the problem? Why?
- Explain how decision-making differs under conditions of certainty and uncertainty. What should be done to reduce the risk of decision-making?
Case Analysis 20
18. Read the case situation given below and answer the questions that follow.
You are sales manager of Taleju Computer Company that sells microcomputers to individuals and institutions. Its main office is in New Road. It has a sales adopt as Putalisadak. Over the last three years, the rate of sales growth has slaesened. There is increasing evidence that to make their job easier, sale people are primarily servicing institutions and ignoring individual customers. You have received complain that despite several calls, the sales people do not turn up. In addition the salespeople are not dealing promptly with customer questions and queries and this intention has resulted in a drop in after-sales service. You have talked about these problems, and you are meeting to design control system to increase both amount of sales and the quality of customer service.
- What is the main issue in this case situation?
- Design a suitable control system that you think will best motivate salespeople to achieve these goals.
- What relative importance do you put on:a) Sales control b)Financial control c) Behavioral control d) Organizational …ture in this design?