Level: Bachelor Semester – Year: 2016
Programme: BHM Full Marks: 100
Course: Principle of Management Time: 3hrs
Candidates are required to give their answers in their own words as far as practicable.
The figures in the margin indicate full marks.
Section “A” 10*2
Very Short Answer Questions.
Attempt all the questions.
- What do you mean by efficiency and effectiveness?
- What do you mean by Esprit De Corps?
- Give any two contribution of scientific management?
- What is internal environment?
- Define organizational goal?
- What are the features of power?
- Define staffing?
- What is motivation through employee participation?
- What are the features of active listener?
- What is total quality management?
Section “B” 6*10
Descriptive answer questions:
- What are the emerging challenges for management? Discuss.
- How do you assess the emerging business environment in Nepal? Explain.
- What are the steps in the planning process? Explain.
- Explain the process in decision making?
- What are the emerging concepts in organizing? Explain.
- What are the different styles of leadership? Explain.
- What are the steps in control process?
Section “C” 20 Marks
Comprehensive Answer Questions:
18. Read the case situations given below and answer the questions that follow:
Himal plastic company is a manufacturer of plastic utensils recently diversified its operation by investing huge in amount in textile factory. After diversification of business, the company suffered with high cost structure, huge loss, shortage of working capital, and large turnover of skilled manpower. To overcome above problems the top management decided to reduce workforce, minimizing wages and allowances. This was not acceptable to labour unions. To fulfill the demand of the labour unions, management had to add some plastic utensil products to reduce cost through engaging excess workforce.
- Was the management decision to diversify business correct?
- What wrong seen in the company after diversification?
- Give your advice to the company for recovery of the business.