Level: Bachelor Semester-Spring Year: 2015
Programme: BBA/BI/BCIS/TT/BHCM/BHM Full Marks: 100
Course: English II Pass Marks: 45
Candidates are required to give their answers in their own words as far as practicable.
The figures in the margin indicate full marks.
Very Short Answer Questions
Attempt all the questions.
1. Answer any two questions. 15*2
- Apply the four levels of reading a text to Pastan’s “The Five Stages of Grief”.
“King John” recounts a conflict between the king and the abbot. What is the answer?
a) Describe the conflict.
b) Explain the reasons for this conflict.
c) How is it resolved?
d) Describe a similar you may have had with a friend, stranger, child or parent.
e) Describe the six rules for good customer service. Does your company follow these rules? Do you have experience of them as a customer?
“Corporate entertainment is only about making money.” Do you agree?
2. Answer any five of the following: 5*10
- “The Lady with the Dog” may be considered as a story about moral corruption, infidelity, disloyalty, and sin but it is about more than that, it is about life, it is about fate. Justify.
- Summarize the story “A Tale” by Bishweshwar Prasad Koirala.
- What are the most popular careers in your country? What are you most interested in and why? Why do you think many people change their career path?
- You work for a large publication house in Nepal. How is your company introducing new green ideas/ which green policy you like the best?
- Why do people visit several companies? Suppose you work for a company. Do you visit other companies? If so why?
- Assimilate the text “who was to Blame” by Anton Chekhov.
- How can you measure the performance of:
- A government.
- An employee.
- A collage.
3. Give short and pertinent answer to any five question: 2*5
- Why Mr. Kelada was called Mr. Know-All?
- What possible interpretation can you make from Koirala’s “A Tale”?
- Do you agree with the narrator in “Third Thoughts” that ‘ Buying and selling are perfectly straightforward matter between dealer and customer’?
- How can we avoid silly errors according to Russel?
- Write the message of the drama “The Tiny Closet”?
- Describe your own attitude towards love.
4. Complete these sentences using the comparative or superlative from of the adjective in brackets.
- Our Managing Director is……. (young) than the Financial director.
- Our company was …… (profitable) last year than this year.
- We have seven factories; the ……. (large) one is in Mexico.
- Hotels in London are ……. (expensive) than in Paris.
- I think our new brochure is ……. ( good) than our competitor’s brochure.
- Our ……. (famous) product is the VS520.
- 1995 was ……. (bad) year for our company ever.
- Germany is ……. (big) country in the EU.
5. Edit the following sentences. 4
- I love him so much. Intelligent and kind.
- I don’t like him no more.
- Gurov did no sleep all night, and filled with indignation.
- I love you to, Julian.
6. Prepare any two sales and advertising message te appear online for an international always. 2