Level: Bachelor Semester-Spring Year: 2015
Programme: BHM Full Marks: 100
Course: Food Production and Patisserie (II) Pass Marks: 45
Candidates are required to give their answers in their own words as far as practicable.
The figures in the margin indicate full marks.
Very Short Answer Questions
Attempt all the questions. 10*2
- What are the features of Chinese Cuisine?
- Enlist the equipments used in Japanese Cuisine.
- Define game and classify with their examples.
- Define caviar.
- What are the two effects of lactic acids in Caracass?
- Classify the fish with examples.
- What are the factors to determine the good quality of poultry?
- Write down the names of the equipments for bread making.
- What are the different types of cream used in bakery?
- Define marzipan and mention its uses.
Descriptive Answer Questions
Attempt any six questions. 6*10
- Explain the features, flavorings and equipments used in Thai Cuisine.
- Define sandwich. Write down the recipe for club sandwich.
- Define grade manager. Write down the functions and responsibilities of chef garde manager.
- Define poultry. Draw a diagram of poultry and illustrate its different cuts with its culinary usages.
- What are steps of pre-slaughtering and slaughtering process? Explain briefly.
- Define bread? What are the common ingredients used for bread making process? Explain.
- Explain the following term: a) Sifting b) Creaming c) Rolling d) Piping e) Icing
Case Analysis 20
18. Read the following case and answer the questions given below.
Krishna Pauroti is renowned bakery of Kathmandu has been supplying various products to domestic and industrial purpose. One day many clients have complained about the sandwich bread. The bread was not the fine texture and was difficult to slice and cut the crust. Many Establishment have stopped the order of this bread.
Answer the questions:
- What are possible reasons of faults in the bread dough? Explain.
- Write the standard recipe and method of preparation of sandwich bread.
- If you are the chef of this bakery what would you practice to overcome this kind of problems? Discuss.