Level: Bachelor Semester-Spring Year: 2015
Programme: BHM Full Marks: 100
Course: Food and Beverage Service II Pass Marks: 45
Candidates are required to give their answers in their own words as far as practicable.
The figures in the margin indicate full marks.
Very Short Answer Questions
Attempt all the questions. Give your answer in few lines. 10*2
- Define Coffee. List any one brand’s of coffee.
- How cigarette is served to the customers?
- What do you mean by tavern and bistro?
- Write down two key differences between no charge bill and deferred bill.
- Design KOT and BOT.
- Explain any two types of buffet service practiced in the hotel industry.
- What are the major reasons for increasing demand for outdoor catering?
- What are the benefits of using Gueridon Service in a restaurant?
- Define customer with communication difficulties?
- What do you mean by State Banquet?
Descriptive Answer Questions
Attempt any six questions. 6*10
- Define Tea. What is the production process of Tea? Explain.
- Define Tobacco. Explain the various types of tobacco leaves used for production of tobacco products.
- Elaborate in brief the concept of informal and formal Food and Beverage dining Outlet’s.
- What is food and beverage pantry? Design the effective pantry layout in a hotel.
- Describe room service and its various types with example.
- Define Banquet. Explain the types of banquet.
- What are the merchandising advantages of Gueridon service?
Case Analysis 20
- Read the case situation given below and answer question that follow.
Jose’s Authentic Mexican Restaurant is a small, 58-seat restaurant that offers a reasonably broad range of Mexican food which is prepared and presented in a traditional Mexican style. It is located in New England in a grown-up business district on the edge of a large metropolitan area. The restaurants interior decoration promotes the Mexican style theme. The atmosphere of Jose’s allows for people to have a real taste for Mexican food and Mexican background music. The set of choices consists of twenty three main entrees which are assembled from eight basic stocks and variety of other ingredients. The restaurant is restricted in seating and free off-street parking. The Mexican tasty foods and Mexican music make up for the wait. The customer is usually immediate expect for Friday and Saturday nights when waits of as long as 45 minutes can be encountered because space inside for waiting is very limited and there is no separate waiting area. Another problem is the restaurant does not take advance booking.
The usually amount of time needed to complete a meal once it has been ordered is twelve minutes. A good portion of his time is for final cooking. According to customer surveys during rush time on Friday and Saturday nights, the most of customer were satisfied with the overall dining experience. Only sixteen customers said the dining experience was not worth the money and other side sixty seven customer surveys most of customer not happy on the delivery time of their food on the table.
- How quality is defined at this restaurant?
- Use some of the tools for improving quality to assess the situation at Jose’s.