Level: Bachelor Semester-Spring Year: 2016
Programme: BHM Full Marks: 100
Course: Food and Beverage Service II Pass Marks: 45
Candidates are required to give their answers in their own words as far as practicable.
The figures in the margin indicate full marks.
Very Short Answer Questions
Attempt all the questions. 10*2
- What do you mean by alcoholic and non alcoholic beverage?
- Mention some international brand of cigar and cigarette.
- What do you mean by outlets and mention some types.
- Define bill and types of trolley.
- Draw the neat format of KOT and its importance.
- Explain pantry and mention some equipment.
- What do you mean by multitasking and suggestive selling?
- Briefly explain function prospectus.
- List out some food prepare in gueridon trolley.
- Explain the importance of time management in room service.
Descriptive Answer Questions 6*10
Attempt any six questions
- Briefly explain the various types control system.
- Explain the various phases in manufacture of tobacco.
- Differentiate between formal restaurant and informal restaurant.
- What are the different types of buffet and banquet function?
- Briefly explain the general principle of room service.
- Draw an organization chart of banquet and explain.
- How will you handle lost and found items?
Case Analysis 20
- Read the case situation given below and answer the question that follow:
You are a headwaiter of a full service restaurant attached to a hotel. A single nonresident Gentleman has come in around 8:30 pm and is enjoining the live band downing several large measure of fine, expensive cognac. After the band disperses at 11:30 pm, he orders his food, consumes it by 12.15 am and asked for his check. He proceeds to pay by credit card. You are informed by waiter on duty that the signature does not match, in all probability due to the facts that his hands are unsteady. There are no managers on duty and the cashier has to close his sale for the night.
- What are your options for handling the situation?
- What would you do to settle the check and in what order?
- If it were s stand-alone restaurant, would your options change?