Level: Bachelor Semester-Spring Year: 2016
Programme: BHM Full Marks: 100
Course: Accommodation Operation II Pass Marks: 45
Candidates are required to give their answers in their own words as far as practicable.
The figures in the margin indicate full marks.
Very Short Answer Questions
Attempt all the questions. 10*2
- Define house linen with example.
- Write down the use of any your equipment used in linen room.
- Define uniform.
- Define fibre and fabrics.
- What are the roles of interior design?
- What are the six standard colors?
- Differentiate between woven and tufted carpet.
- Define flower arrangements.
- List down the uses of greenhouse.
- Define budget.
Descriptive Answer Questions 6*10
Attempt any sis questions.
- Define par stock. How par stock of linen can be determined in a 5 star hotel.
- Explain the features of animal fiber, plant fibre and artificial fibre.
- Draw a layout of OPL. Explain the importance of OPL in a hotel.
- Explain different types of inventory with examples. Explain the importance of duty roster in housekeeping department.
- Define colour and explain its characteristics.
- What are the common carpet problems? Give remedies to those problems.
- Explain the principles of flower arrangement. List down and write the uses of any 10 flower arrangement materials.
Case Analysis 20
Read the scenario and answer the question that follows.
- Hotel Snow Fall is a 5 star property, located at the heart of Pokhara. It is a property with 250 rooms. The hotel has started its operation from January of 2016. Priya Karki is the executive housekeeper of the hotel. Hotel Blue Stream is finding quit difficult to maintain the par stock of linen. The investment of hotel in linen-is increasing significantly. On other hand, the hotel is planning to have own garden to fulfil the demand of daily flowers. But there is debate in hotel about which fertilizer either organic or synthetic is to be used.
- How can par stock of linen can be maintained? Support answer with reasons?
- Which fertilizer would you go for if you were the executive housekeeper?