Level: Bachelor Semester-Spring Year: 2015
Programme: BHM Full Marks: 100
Course: Accommodation Operation II Pass Marks: 45
Candidates are required to give their answers in their own words as far as practicable.
The figures in the margin indicate full marks.
Very Short Answer Questions
Attempt all the questions. 10*2
- Define Hotel Linen?
- List down the purposes of uniform.
- Write down the uses of fabrics in hotel.
- What is duty Roaster?
- What do mean by interior designing?
- Write down the types of curtain.
- List down and write uses of any four flower arrangements equipment.
- Why greenhouse is used in hotel?
- What are the psychological impacts of color?
- How you determination of par stock?
Long Answer Question
Attempt any six questions 6*10
- Draw a layout of linen room and explain different linen distribution methods which can be followed in a five star hotel.
- Define Fiber and Fabric? Differentiate between Synthetic Fibers and Mineral Fibers with example?
- Explain how the linen par is established.
- What do you meant by flower arrangement? Discuss basic principle and rule for flower arrangement and how you prolonged the life of flower?
- What are the common carpet problems? How can be overcome those problems?
- What are the various housekeeping expenses that the executive housekeeping need to budget for?
- Explain step by step laundry process.
Case study 20*
- Hotel snow Fall is a 5 star property, located at the of Pokhara. It is a property with 250 rooms. Priya Karki is newly appointed executive housekeeper of the hotel. Hotel Snow Fall is facing the problem in storage of linen and uniform. The storage condition of hotel is pathetic and there is no proper control over linen and uniform. Hence, the investment in linen and uniform is high. On other hand, the hotel is planning to have own garden to fulfill the demand of daily flowers. But there is debate in hotel about which fertilizer either organic or synthetic is to be used.
- How can Priya manage the storage problem of the hotel? Support your answer with reasons?
- Which fertilizers would you go for if you were the executive housekeeper?