Level: Bachelor Semester-Spring Year: 2014
Programme: BHM Full Marks: 100
Course: Accommodation Operation II Pass Marks: 45
Candidates are required to give their answers in their own words as far as practicable.
The figures in the margin indicate full marks.
Very Short Answer Questions
Attempt all the questions. 10*2
- What is linen?
- Write down the use of any four equipment used in line room.
- List down the purposes of uniform.
- What are the uses of fabrics in hotel?
- Mention the equipment used in the laundry room.
- What are the principles of interior design?
- What is a productivity standard?
- How to prolonging the life of flower?
- What is green house?
- Define Housekeeping budgeting.
Long answer questions. 6*10
- Draw the layout of linen room. Write down the function of linen room.
- Explain step by step laundry procedure used in hotel.
- Define fiber & fabric. Classify its types and Characteristics.
- Explain different types of inventory with examples. How can we schedule the frequency of clearing?
- Define color and explain its characteristics.
- What are the common carpet problems? Give remedies to those problems.
Case Study 20
- Rita Thapa a much experienced housekeeper has just taken over the housekeeping department at soaltee Crown piazza hotel, Kathmandu as executive housekeeper. The hotel has been in operation since pass 10 years and Rita assumes that basic operational system and procedures are already in place. On 27 may, a guest Mark knopfer, in room no 208, is upset regarding the cleanliness of his room. He has just checked in and found that:
- A layer of dust was present on the window still.
- There was a musty, dusty odour in the room.
Sharma, the officiating housekeeping incharge since the previous executive housekeeper left , goes through the motions work , doing what seems absolutely only Sharma is a hands on person who manages to complete his shift getting his team to concentrate only on cleaning areas which are in guest view. Being an experienced staff himself, he feels it unnecessary to refer to any document, schedule or checklist. For instance, he orders for supplies only when the housekeeping them exhaust the supplies.
- What are the lapses in operation which Rita Thapa needs to rectify?
- What specific document need to be put in place for smooth & efficient operations?
- Where was Sharma going wrong?
- How can the internal air quality (AQ) of room no.208 be improved?