Level: Bachelor Semester – Fall/Ist Year: 2016
Programme: BHM Full Marks: 100
Course: Food and Beverage Service I Pass marks: 45
Candidates are required to give their answer in their own words as far
The figures in the margin indicate full marks.
Very Short Answer Questions
Attempt all the questions
- Define non-commercial operation.
- Define organization chart.
- Define kiosk & Vending Machine Service.
- Define menu and its functions.
- What is product and service in hospitality industry?
- What do you mean by service in suit?
- Define Gueridon service.
- What are the suitable environments for bacteria growth?
- What does HACCP Stands for?
- Why do you think Meal Management is essential in menu planning?
Descriptive Answer Questions
Attempt any six questions.
- Draw an organization structure of food service operation and briefly explain them?
- Different between A’ la Carte and Table d’ Hote Menu?
- Explain various factors to be considered while selecting, designing and purchasing the equipments used in food service industry.
- Define management and state the basic etiquettes of service personnel.
- What do you mean by Meal Experience? Briefly explain the factors affecting the Meal Experience.
- What are the seven major principle of HACCP? Explain.
- Explain briefly on the following: a) Lunch b) Dinner c) breakfast d) Supper e) Hi-Tea
# Read the following case study and answer the question.
What types of outlet?
Jonathan dreamed about opening his own restaurant but he had no idea about how to run one let alone where to being. When he won the lottery he decided that this was the time to start his little dream and he decided to go back to the village where his parents lived.
The village has about 4000 inhabitants and is only 15 minutes by car from a large city. It already has two takeaways and three small restaurants that are doing ok. All three restaurants are mid-ranged. A fine dining restaurant opened 5 years ago but it closed after 2 years. There is also a pub in the village that offers a limited menu at lunchtime.
Jonathan is unsure as to what type of restaurant he should open. Money is no object to him now that he has won the lottery but he also does not want to invest in an enterprise that is going to lose money for certain.
- What would you advise Jonathan to do next?
- If you were Jonathan, What type of operation would you most likely attempt to open? Why?