Level: Bachelor Semester – Fall/1st Year: 2015
Programme: BHM Full marks: 100
Course: Food and Beverage Service I Pass marks: 45
Candidates are required to give their answers in their own words as far
The figures in the margin indicate full marks.
Very Short Answer Questions
Attempt all the questions.
- Define China Operational Management.
- What do you mean by competencies?
- Define Management.
- Differences between specialty of restaurant and coffee shop.
- Define Menu and accompaniment.
- Why so people dine out?
- Mention some refreshing drinks.
- What is the advantage of Guerdon service?
- Importance of grooming and personal hygiene?
- What do you mean by E.M.T?
Descriptive Answer Questions
Attempt any six questions
- Converse the brief history and origins of the food and beverage industry?
- Draw an organization structure of Food and Beverage Service department. Write down the duties and responsibilities of Restaurant Manager.
- Explain the different types of Ancillary section of food and beverage service development.
- What are the measure different between Table d hote and A la carte menu?
- Difference between product and service.
- Explain various types of table service practiced in hotel industry in detail.
- Mentioned the various types of breakfast with their menu planning.
- Read the case situation below and answer the questions that follow.
What Types of Outlet?
Derek dreamed about opening his own restaurant but he had no idea about how to run one let alone where to being. When he won the lottery he decided that this was the time to start his little dream and decided to go back to the village where his parents lived.
The village has about 5,000 inhabitants and is only 20 minutes by car from large city. It already has two takeaways and three small restaurants that are doing ok. All three restaurants are mid-ranged. A fine dining restaurant opened 3 years ago but it closed after 1 year. There is also a pub in the village that offers a limited menu at lunch time.
Derek is unsure as to what type of restaurant he should open. Money is no object to him now that he has won the lottery but he also does not want to invest in an enterprise that is going to lose money for certain.
- What would you advise Derek to do next?
- If you were Derek, what type of operation would you most likely attempt to open? Why?