Influences of the Menu: Influences of the menu depend upon the customer needs where as intern of influences of the menu are the result the combination of number and factor which contain traditionally based influence by food trend. The following are factor influence on the menu.
- Their choice and their plate: The customer choice are varies in different ways while planning a menu there should be a market survey to know the choice and actually what the customer want to influence in menu card. By this way the menu card fulfill the customer choice as well as their demand by their required dishes.
- Religious background: In every religion there are varieties of faith and culture and different method of cooking so religion background directly influence in religion. While planning the menu it should kept on mind what should be suitable for nationality customer.
Menu and service knowledge: The knowledge of menu is very important for all the Food and beverage staff. It determine price list of every items and method of service. Menu that it leads the customer satisfaction is also helps motive the staff for willingness to serve the item. If the staff have knowledge of menu ant its service they get easily handle worthful discussion taken by the guest. Menu and service knowledge make responsible and successful service within the department that’s why it is necessary to know the menu and its service mythology each and every staff.
- Egg dishes: Egg are very versatile food. It is produced by female bird. Egg is around object with hard substance. The average weight of an egg has 12% shell counter (cover) 30% yolk and 58% egg white. Egg may cook in numerous way. The following the egg dishes are:
- Oeuf farce
- Poached: They are usually half cooked and served fast.
- Scrumbed: omelets are shared into pieces.
Posta and rice dishes: This dishes, which including all pasta, such as macaroni, maullius, relovi are the different varieties of pasta. Mostly pasta are rice disher are being popular, these day culteries used for this type of food are joint fork and A.p spoon. The fork should be led n right hand side and spoon on the left for other dishes sweet spoon and fork are used.
Different pasta dishes:
- Fettuccini: Flat strip of pasta, a proximately ½ cm board.
- Spaghetti: solid, cylindrical long noodle.
- Macroni: cylindrical small noodles of ½ cm thickness.
- Fually: Pasta will be spiral.
- Clo: Round dumbing pasta.
- Cannelloni: stock cylindrical pasta.
- Ravioli: Two seeds of pasta stock and cut in frenzy shape.
- Cavatappi: Rich pasta in twisted shape.
- De’ lice de’ sole Veronique: Poached filled of a soul in a white wine sauce and garnished with grapes.
- Filled de sole frit a’ la fransice: Filled a fish deep into milk passed through seasoned flour, deep fry to a golden drown colour garnished with lemon wedge and parsley.
- Steamed Fish: All fish dishes that are prepaid by shallow ore deep-frying may alternative stemmed. The fish should be covered with butter greash proof paper to avoid discoloration.
- Sde Grille: The fish is passed through the seasoned flour and grill. The garnished with the slice lemon and served with parsley butter.
- Kiddi Jhinga: Ajwain flavor prown with tomato ahatee fished with gram masala, kasuri methi and lemon juice.
- Goan prown masala; Prom cooked in gravy of tomato onion, cumin, cloves, cinnamom.
- Service of fish course: It is served into a hot half plate and cutlery provided is a fish fork and fish knife in the cover. If the fish is served as the, ain course then it is served in large plate with accompaniment and cutleries provided are same as fish knife and fish fork.
Meat (le van de): meat is probably the most important food obtain from flesh of beef, veal, mutton, lamb and fork. Meat is a good source of protein which we need for our body growth. Meat course is served as a main course in French classical menu. It has its own derivates and accompaniments. Following are some meat dishes:
- Gigot de Mouton Roti: Roast leg of Mouton on bed of roof vegetable with roast gravy.
- Navarin de Mouton: Mouton stew made from boneless mouton pass through seasoned flour and brown cooked into the demi glaze along with sautéed turned potato nd carrot.
- Beouf steak all American: Mines beef meat made into round shape like cake with depression in the center filled with egg yolk and grilled accompaniments are chopped onion and parsley.
- Veau carton Bleu: Scalpe of veal stock with ham and cheese, deep into egg rolled in dread crumbs and deep-fried into golden brown color. It is served with lemon.
- Weiner schnitzel (Austria): Scalpe of veal marinated with lemon Juice and seasoning, shallow frying garnished with hard-boiled egg. Lemon and parsley.
- Pork Dishes: Ham, bacon, sausage, salame, roast leg of pork.
Poultry: The come poultry refers to any domesticated bird used for the various dishes including chicken, dusk, hen, duck, goose, pigeon etc. It consist a protein fats and provide heat and energy to our body. It is more easily digested than other meats fat contain in a poultry are cooked either roast, grilling greasing can stew and caries. Some chicken dishes are:
- Poulet soute chasseur: Sauté chicken with white wine brandy, tomato sauce, and demi glazed, slice of mushroom and chopped shallot.
- Poulet A’L kive: Breast of chicken stock with garlic water dipped into egg, rolled in bread crumbed and deep fry. Served with garlic butter and tomato sauce.
- Poulet sauté Marange: Sauté chicken with a white wine, tomato and garlic is added for garnishing with fried egg, Cray fish and chopped parsley.
- Poulet Harland: Breast of chicken deeped into egg, rolled in bread crumbed and shallow fried. Accomplishment are banana fritters, grilled tomato, grilled bacon and sweet corn pan cake.
- Poulet sauté Mexican: sauté chicken with white wine garnished with garnished with grilled capsican filled with chopped mushroom and tomato concasee.
Game (Le gibier): The term game is refered to the meat of wild bird animals. There are two types of game:
- Feathered (bird): Feathered game include wild duck, doa, wood cluck, wild cluck, quail.
- Furred (animal): It includes boar hare (rabbit), dear, anti luck, etc.
Game type dishes:
- Jugged hare: The hare is cuts it into 3 portion marinated with red wine sauté into butter with onion, bacon and carrot sauce is made from blood of hare and onion and mushroom.
- Wild Bear: The skin and internal organs are removed. It is filled with stuffing and braised and arromates. (internal organs-offal’s)
- Wild duck: stuffed with ham and with cheese sauté with white wine, tomato cannot and garlic is added. Garnished with fried egg.
Potato and vegetable: Potato is the king o vegetable it can cooked any method boiling fried, stewed baked. Traditionally it is very famous vegetable between the mankind. Vegetable are the good for our body, it contains vitamin, minerals, carbohydrate, etc. We can get different types of vitamin such as A,B,D from the vegetable.
- Service of potato and vegetable: The general rules is for potato to be served referring the vegetable. When serving either potato or vegetable, the vegetable dish itself should always replace under the napkin. A separate spoon and fork should be used for the service of potato and vegetable with the serving dish in its correct position the potato dishes nearest the hot joint plats should be served.
Salad: Salad is a good Food that is attractively made of vegetable, fruits, nut, cereals, meat, fish and poultry. Salad should always have a different characteristic and the way be prepaid piquant, cold, crisp, colorful and aromatic. Salad can be served with lunch and dinner before or after meat. Salad are mainly referred at the starter and appetizer and portion as small quantity. Salad has its own important, it helps to digest food easily.
- There are two types of salad are:
Plain or simple salad: It consist of single ingredient of salad. Eg: tomato salad, cucumber salad.
Compound salad: It consist two or more than two ingredient of salad. Eg: Tomato onion carrot salad, fruit cocktail salad.
Cheese: Cheese a product of pure, fresh milk cream or cream and milk mixed together. It is made by first pasteurisation good quality milk curding it with the addition of Bactria and rennet. The main substance of formulation of cheese is milk. It is a good course of protein, fat and calcium to our body. They are easily digestible texture and flavor are grazing.
Cheese are divided into four categories:
a) Hard cheese:
- Cheddar: Has a natty flavor and each creamy in flavor.
- Cheshire: A mallow open texture cheese. Their Cheshire types of red and white. Both are same flavor and crummy.
- Derby: It has a honey color and close texture and develop a strong flavor as it matured. Derby cheese are popular in Christmas time.
- Edam: a cheese from the Holland, peal yellow in colour with a waxy texture. It is a globe shape and has a yellow rind. It is sold grade of 40%, 30%, and 20% fat.
- Emmentaler; A peal yellow cheese from Switzerland with cubits all over (weight 50 kg)
- Parmesan: A cheese from Italy and it is a dry cheese having an appearance. A pin prik all over. It is exclusively used for cooking purpose.
b) Semi-hard cheese:
Capehily: Made from the skimmed full cream milk. It is creamy in texture, white in color with a mild delicate flavor and smooth texture. It has a very thin rind.
Pont L’ Eveque: This is made from French. It gain full flavor when ripe. It has also a thin rind and comes in square shape.
c) Soft or creamy cheese: There is no note worthy cheese categories in the English cheeses.
- Brie : a French cheese which comes under in the two sizes, peril desire and gone desire. It is made from of cow milk.
- Demi sel: A French cheese made from sour milk. It has flat and square in shape and comes under wrapped in foil, normally pre-portion.
- Came best: A French cheese made from cow milk which soften on ripping. It is made from small flat sound cheese yellow in color with a very thin rind.
d) Blue cheese:
Dorset blue: Made from skimmed milk, it has a very close texture being a hand pressed cheese. It is straw-colored with deep blue vine.
Stilton: The surface is wrinkled and brownies in color. It has also a smooth texture.
Danish blue: It is originated from Denmark as the name suggest. It is made from cow milk, it is sold wrapped in a foil.
Gorgonzola: Made in Italy, it has a white cord line by a blue vein. It is a soft semi-solid texture and rind which crumbled. Average weight of gorgonzola is 8-10 kg.
Types of meal:
- Breakfast: The first meal of the day, the term breakfast is an every nations first meal. The term breakfast denote in French word “petit de geneur”. It is traditionally a British meal. Breakfast may be served in a restaurant, café, dining room, suits room. The menu can be large enough but it is better to upper a small number hurriedly prepared one.
- Brunch: it is the period in between breakfast and lunch and the menu would likely includes both breakfast and lunch item. Many hotel or resort offer a brunch service especially on a weekend or a holiday period. Buffet are common for brunch period. There are no any standing or may in a sitting protocols. Various dishes may be served here, like pastries, pasta, cake, pizza and many more guerdon service is also available.
- Lunch: the lunch is the period of time between 12 noon to 2-3 pm. The lunch menu can aria greatly is some establishment and is similar to their dinner menu only that may be in smaller portion. Restaurant served in lunch cater to those that have a set period of time to order and lunch, offer menu item that are quick and simple to prepare and consume. Mainly heavy dishes include meat course can be majorly serve in a lunch period. Ice-cream and dry fruits can also be served in the term of dessert sty the end of lunch period.
- Afternoon tea: The period between the lunch and dinner is called afternoon teas menu commonly offering cakes, pastries, canapiés, etc. mainly tea and coffee are the major beverage for the afternoon tea.
- Dinner: The dinner period traditionally start around 6pm depending on the operation and location can go let into the evening most in note letter is 10 pm. The dinner menu verifies are as many as verity of restaurant. People use to take a light at a dinner time usually wine are also served to complete the dinner with the food and wine.
- Supper: The supper is the name from the evening meal in some delicate in English which often use inter-changefully with “dinner”. Today supper are traditionally used have been refer to most format of the day. The word supper is derived from French word “SOUPPER ” which is still used for the meal for Canada, swizerland, French, Belgium. It is related to soup. The supper menu offer like a quick meal usually served verities of drinks.