Level: Bachelor Semester-Fall Year: 2015
Programme: BBA/BBA-BI/BBA-TT/BCIS/BHM/BHCM Full Marks: 100
Course: English I Pass Marks: 45
Candidates are required to give their answers in their own words as far as practicable.
The figures in the margin indicate full marks.
Attempt all the questions.
1. Answers these question: 2*15
- Apply the four levels of interacting with a text to the story “Marriage is private affair’.
Try t predict your parent response if one day announced your plan to marry with someone from a different caste tribe or nationality.
2. Explain the role of team spirit in the workplace. Should mangers make important decisions on their own, or should they discuss issues with their team beforehand? Give reasons for your answer.
Imagine that you work in a leading supermarket as the sales executive manager. What strategic plans would you recommend to your company so that it can improve its competitiveness and increase its market share in supermarket business?
2.Answer any five question: 5*10
- What job you want to do after finishing your studies at your college? Which company do you want apply? Why? What challenges and opportunities do you expect in your job?
- Explain how new technology has affected your life. Give the example of both positive and negative effects.
- Interpret the poem The Illiterate.
- Technology can help the human’s life better” how can you prove that statement.
- Present three arguments for and three against the use of television.
- Why did the Cabuliwallah develop friendship with Mini?
- Very short questions answer questions: 5*2
- Explain the process to make a call from your mobile phone.
- Your CEO wants to move your offices to a city 500 km away. What suggestion would you give him?
- A fight between a Lion and a Crocodile is a story of struggle how?
- Who was Socrates?
- What is air travel?
- What is the author’s main argument in “Curbing the One-Eyed Monster”?
- Choose the correct answer from the words in italics: 4*1
- I’d like an aisle/ a window seat, please. I want to see the mountains on this fight.
- Are you taking any bags/ hand luggage with you onto the plane?
- Excuse me, where is passport control/ check-in? I need to get my boarding card.
- I’m sorry but your fight cancelled/ boarding because of bad weather.
- Complete these sentences with the correct words given in the parentheses. 4*1
- At the ……., the schedule is about a week late. (date/moment/deadline)
- The ……. Of this is to have it in the shops by December. (plan/schedule/aim)
- What’s the ……. For this report? Next Friday at the latest? (time/week/deadline)
- I’d like to study ……. (on internet/online/by internet)
- Correct the mistakes. 2*1
- The airline is going cancel its flight.
- Do they have confirmed the hotel booking?