Level: Bachelor Semester – Fall/1st Year: 2016
Programme: BHM Full marks: 100
Course: Accommodation operations I Pass marks: 45
Candidates are required to give their answers in their own words as far
The figures in the margin indicate full marks.
Very Short Answer Questions
Attempt all the questions.
- Why housekeeping department is important in hotel.
- Draw a layout of housekeeping department in a hotel.
- Explain in short about type of Room.
- Define cleaning.
- How you care and clean the rubber floor?
- Explain the term: i) OOO ii) DND
- List down types of fire that occurs in hotel.
- Why control desk is also called “nerve center” of housekeeping department?
- How you deal with guest complain.
- Define work environment safety analysis.
Descriptive Answer Questions
Attempt any six questions.
- Housekeeping department is one of the important departments of the hotel industry. Justify the statement.
- Explain the relationship and co-ordination of housekeeping with other department.
- Broadly classify the cleaning equipments in six categories and write used of the equipment.
- Define cleaning agents. Explain the different types of cleaning agents which are used in hotel.
- Define key. Why is key control important in hotel industry?
- Discuss the documentation maintained by the housekeeping control desk.
- How would you handle the situation of death in guest room?
# Hotel Manaslu is a 5 star property with 350 rooms, which is going t run its operation from Janaury, 2017. Mrs. Melina Thapa has been hired as Executive Housekeeper of the hotel.
The management of Hotel Manaslu has asked Mrs. Melina Thapa to design a proper organization chart in order to run housekeeping operation smoothly. The management is so much aware of the importance of housekeeping department in the hotel and has asked Mrs. Thapa to do necessary planning in a proper way. Moreover, the hotel is aware of possible fire hazards is also working on how to prevent fire and how to act in case of fire.
- If you were Executive Housekeeper of Hotel Manaslu, how would you design organization chart of housekeeping department? Explain the reasons for including each job positions.
- In your view, how fire can be prevented in hotel? And it there is fire in guest floor, how housekeeping staff should react?