Level: Bachelor Semester-Fall Year: 2016
Programme: BHM Full Marks: 100
Course: Food Hygiene Nutrition Pass Marks: 45
Candidates are required to give their answers in their own words as far as practicable.
The figures in the margin indicate full marks.
Very Short Answer Questions
Attempt all the questions. 10*2
- State the seven methods of garbage disposal.
- Define the term nutrients and nutrition.
- State the physiological functions of food.
- Write short note on food microbiology.
- Introduce the term ‘Malnutrition”.
- Define “Food’ with suitable examples.
- Write short note on dish washing method.
- List out the common causes of food spoilage.
- Differentiate between cleaning and sanitization.
- Write short note on microorganisms.
Attempt any six questions. 6*10
- Discuss carbohydrate its source, daily requirement and function.
- Define food. Describe the basic function of foods with suitable examples.
- Briefly explain the seven principles of HACCP.
- Discuss cause of food spoilage.
- Explain factors that affecting growth of the microorganism in food.
- Explain the major characteristics of bacteria and virus.
- Briefly describe the methods of food preservation based on high temperature and low temperature.
Case Analysis 20
- A milk manufacturing company faced serious legal action after its contaminated milk caused an outbreak of gastric disorders like vomiting, abdominal pain and diarrhoea. On investigation of the quality control system there were faults in the temperature control system of the pasteurization machine and the store house. Discuss.
- Sources of contamination in the milk.
- The type of hazard in the milk based on type of risk.
- Internal and external factors of milk that favor functioning of the hazard.
- Preventive measures that could have been adopted by the consumers to protect themselves from risk.